2 Apr 2014

B is for Butterflies Nail art

New BarryM Gellys are MINE! 
I havent bought any mainstream polishes in soooo long as I have really only been excited by indies. BUT when BarryM brought out the new Gellys it rekindled my love for the ones I already own and then I decided I needed more! 


The new gellys I have bought seem in no way as thick as the others I have which I am a bit disappointed about as I love using them for art and stamping but as we all know they will thicken up in time. 

This is another one of those faffing nail arts where I have no idea or plan I just go with it..... 

So this is what I went with. 





I went for a waterfall (Nailasaurus inspired) then added some Happy Hands B Is For Butterflies to the ring finger. 

Macro bottle shot  *i didn't get any flowers or butterflies on my nails :( *


The middle finger is a sponging technique using the the Gelly polishes, I think it looks washed out like watercolours, I just call it mottling LOL 

I used, from the Gelly Range, Huckleberry as the base and then Prickly Pear and Greenberry for the add ons. Oh and I used a Color Club glitter striper too (squint and ya may see it LOL) 

Like I said they are a lot thinner so that was a tad annoying but I still like the overall look.

I am in LOVE with pastels and I think we will be seeing a lot of them again this summer.
What do you think? Do you love pastels? 

3 comments:

  1. WOW! amazing colours! every single nail looks so beautiful :)

    Lu,
    www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and such an unusual color combination :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love using pastels! hopefully Ill have chance to use them a ton over the summer

      Delete